Costa Rica Honey Process Coffee
Origin & Processing Details
Our Costa Rica Los Vindas Honey Microlot comes from the 111 acre Cerro Los Vindas, located on the Tacuotarí Mountains’ volcanic slopes.
Since 1969 Vindas brothers, Eduardo, Leonel and Gerardo have been producing one of Costa Rica’s finest arabica coffees from Caturra and Red Catuaí. Cerro Los Vindas coffees are handpicked at peak ripeness and expertly dried and milled by the Palmichal Mill. Pulping removes roughly 20% of the fruit mucilage, leaving a full 80% portion to dry on the bean.
Cement patios are used for six days before a final run in a drum drier for best uniformity finishes the process. After resting in parchment for two months, dry milled, sorted by weight, density, size and color and shipped in Grainpro bags.
In the cup our Costa Rica Los Vindas Honey Microlot has perfectly balanced aromas of sweet citrus, powdered sugar and orange blossom. The cup is very good with equally balanced notes of bright orange and citrus.
Small bits of stone or concrete may be found in patio dried coffee. Check carefully to avoid damage to grinders.